Welcome to NEODEISM! The name presents in several ways: Neodeism, Neo Deism, or Neo-Deism. All are correct.
This site is not just for Neodeists. This site was created for several reasons:
- There is a lot of misinformation about Neo-Deism and NeoDeists, which has led to some confusion.
- There have been numerous requests within the Deist community seeking more information about Neo-Deism.
- To clarify and correct a misconception regarding Neo-Deism.
- To provide additional reputable Deism resources for further examination and community.
What you will find on this site is not meant to be a “rule to follow.” Instead, it is merely a general overview of what many Neo-Deists believe. Obviously, there will be variations (and perhaps expansions), and that is not only accepted, but it is also encouraged.
Enjoy the site and take advantage of the resources you will find within.
What follows is NOT an all-encompassing definition of NeoDeism. Instead, it is a basic overview in general terms and should be viewed as such. There will undoubtedly be variations with each deist as there are many different kinds of deism. Thank you.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
The Human Situation and Life’s Purpose
- Man is born free and should remain free.
- All men are equal.
- Natural Law and the Laws of Nature are true governors.
- The individual is not so special in the grand scheme of things. We can, however, advance ourselves collectively through reason, understanding, and cooperation.
- The purpose of life is to further our understanding of the world in which we live and teach future generations this information so that they can expand upon that knowledge and improve as we evolve. Only through this cause-and-effect scenario can we as a species advance out of our (somewhat) primitive state.
- Science continually introduces new information that changes or challenges what we know as a species. Neodeism takes into account (and often relies on the fact) that information will change, and we must be fluid enough to not only accept this new information for a better understanding but also to properly understand the context and act in a way that benefits the human condition.
- Evolution is a natural part of creation, and spontaneous generation does not exist.
- While things evolve over time, it is also true that cause and effect exist, which means there would have to be a first cause.
- Energy never dies, it simply transfers or changes form. Matter is energy. Consciousness is energy. There is eternal life in this regard, but knowing how this applies or what this means for us individually may not be truly known until it happens. Presumptions are usually not made.
- Some NeoDeists practice prayer of thanks – not of requests.
- Cremation or open burial is often preferred to expedite our part in energy transfer.
- NeoDeists dedicate their life to learning and teaching.
- Strong belief in the Trinion Contradictions
Learn more by exploring the website.